Core blimey, It’s been quite a week and its only Tuesday.
Milliesfeuille has received two nominations for the Liebster Award, I’m absolutely over the moon. As soon as I saw the first notification I quite literally jumped for joy but once I realised Milliesfeuille had been nominated a second time, I got up and danced around the kitchen table! The Liebster Award is a great reflection of the welcoming nature of the blogging community, a brilliant way to support and encourage newbies and smaller blogs. Anyone who has read my About page will know that I started Milliesfeuille as my own little escapism. I honestly never expected that anyone else would read it’s pages, let alone nominate it for an award. This really has, well and truly lifted my spirits.
I want to say a massive thank you to the wonderful Lynne of Lynne’s Recipe Trails and to Madhur, the brilliance behind The Foodie Battle for my nominations. If you haven’t already checked out these two very marvellous blogs, then I urge you to head over and take a peak. Both display some delicious recipes and are written so beautifully, well worth the read!
As far as I’m aware, this is how the award works…
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Create 10 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify new bloggers about the nomination.
…My nominations are…
- Lucya Bakes
- Crumbs and Tea
- My Tiny Green Kitchen
- Beth’s Blog
- Analiza Gonzales
- Cau de sucre
- Lilli’s Cakes
- Palatable Adventures
- A Box of Buttons
- This Girl Can Bake
…My answer’s to Lynne’s questions…
1. If there was one aspect in your life that you could change, what would that be?
I’m actually pretty happy with the way things are (apologise if that’ a bit of a cliche).
2. What is one piece of advise you would give to your children as they grow up?
Live freely, don’t concern yourself with what others do, are and have. You are you, embrace your individuality!
3. Is there anything adventurous you would like to do in life, if so, what is it? To travel the world solo.
4. Sweet or Savoury?
As much as I love to cook, I don’t think there will ever be a time in my life when I turn down dessert. Sweet!!
5. What surroundings do you prefer when writing, reading or studying?
My preferred environment changes depending on what sort of work I am doing. Studying, I do really like the silence of a library. When writing recreationally, I like to be in a cafe. If I’m reading, there is noting better than being sat in front of the fire.
6. If money were no object, where would your next holiday destination be and why?India. My dad spends a lot of time there on business and I’m always on the receiving end of his tales. I’d like to discover its beauty and history for myself one day.
7. Each zodiac sign portrays certain characteristics for people. What is your star sign and do you feel your star sign captures the real you?
Im a Capricorn. Certain characteristics are defiantly true to parts of my personality, particularly being ambitious, driven and goal oriented.
8. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
We have an extremely playful dog called eve. She’s a rescue dog so is full of love for everyone.
9. What is one thing that annoys you?
When people open cupboard doors and don’t shut them afterwards, that really grinds my gears haha!
10. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction. I love the escape of letting my imagination run free.
…my answer’s to Madhur’s questions…
1. Do you blog for a living or is this a passion/hobby?
It’s a passion. However, I love it so much that if there was a way I could make a living doing it, I would!
2. How did you arrive at your blog’s name?
I love eating French pastries and I love cooking French food. The Mille- feuille is one of my favourite treats and my name sounds similar…Vuala
3. Your favourite movie? Why would you say it is your favourite?
I am a bit of a movie buff so don’t think I could pick a favourite. Having said that I am a massive fan of Mad Max.
4. How would you describe your relation with food?
I love it!
5. What are the top five entries in your life to-do list?
Travel solo, go to Glastonbury, have a minimum of 3 children, complete an endurance challenge (i.e London marathon) and be my own boss for at least a year.
6. An adventure sport that scares you too much?
Cliff Jumping (although having said that, I skydived over Croatia once and loved it)
7. Have you taken a solo trip? Where to? If not, will you consider it?
I’ve only ever taken a trip with others but would love to do some solo travelling one day soon. I’d defiantly love to go to India or explore the National Parks in North America.
8. What is your zodiac sign?
9. Do you like dogs? Do you have one (or many)? Which is your favourite breed
I like dogs yes. We have an energetic Labrador called Eve and she is lovely.
10. Do you like to read? Your favourite book? Which one are you reading currently?
I absolutely love to read, it’s one of my favourite pass times (besides cooking). I am currently reading Donor Tartt’s The Secret History and it’s brilliant. My favourite book probably has to be one of the Ancient Greek Novels, Daphne and Chloe.
- What made you want to start blogging?
- If you could change one thing about your blog what would it be, and why?
- what is your favourite album to listen to in the kitchen?
- What is your go-to cook book?
- If you had the chance to live abroad for a year, where would you go and why?
- Who do you most admire in life?
- What are your three favourite books to read?
- If you could spend the day cooking with a chef of your choice, who would it be and why?
- What new skill would you like to learn and why?
- What was one of your most defining moments in life?